Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Homemade Deodorant

Somehow, despite knowing many (many!!)  people who make their own deodorant, I had decided that this was way too tricky to take on, too expensive and probably wouldn't work anyway.

But, when I recently ran out of deodorant (a deodorant that I wasn't that thrilled with anyway) I decided to re-explore the possibility of making my own.

And you know how I do love to try something new ;-)

I used the recipe from the blog, Green and Grateful, written by a lovely friend of mine, (thanks B!) - and here's the thing. It was really easy to make (I used my hand-held mixer), not too expensive at all (I had all of the ingredients in my pantry already) and ... it works great!


Honestly, the trickiest part of the whole process was getting the finished product out of the mixer, and into the jar that I had saved for the purpose.

I'm not sure if this homemade deodorant would reap a significant financial savings, but the ingredients are certainly 'clean', it was quick and easy, and I get the feel-good feeling of knowing that 'I made that!' each morning when I put it on.


Do you have a favorite personal care recipe? Feel free to share; I'd love to hear from you!