Friday, December 21, 2012

Food Waste Friday ... A for Effort, F for Follow Through

FoodWasteFriday


I just love The Frugal Girl blog. Really - just love!

Each week (well - most weeks) she blogs about her food waste, a kind of public declaration, aimed to reduce her own food waste. And she invites the rest of us to join her!

After last week's trip up over my veggie bin, I thought the worst was behind me. Apparently not ...



The fresh produce hurts the worst. And the apples in particular; they are my beloved Nittany apples *sob*


I also lost a batch of Breakfast Muffins (aka, my leftover oatmeal muffins). They usually keep for quite a while, but for some reason this batch went moldy really quickly.


And the rice bread was a left over from the time period that we had 12 month old Little Boy on a restricted diet to help with his eczema. He liked it well enough when that was the only bread option, but once he had access to real bread, this loaf was pushed aside.


And how was your food waste this week? Feel free to share here, or on the Frugal Girl blog; I'd love to hear from you!