Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What a Difference a Year Makes ...

Funny how life can change so much in such a short space of time!  
Baby Girl 

After taking nearly a full year away from this blog (can it technically be called a blog with only two posts?) I'm feeling the need to get back to it.

My Little Boy 
So this time last year I was a busy mama to The Little Guy ... fast forward a year and I am now the busy mama to three! Boy/Girl twins, My Little Boy and Baby Girl, have joined our gaggle and we're just one big hectic, messy, crunchy and frugal living family.

Adjusting to life as a family of five has been hectic (goodness, has it ever!) but we're slowly, slowly starting to find our rhythm and a flow that works for us.  Less stuff, and a drastically pared down schedule, coupled with more open ended and unstructured time have been key for us.  Of course, an ability to let go of any idea of what 'should' happen or be done has been helpful too!

As we approach the depths of winter, we're enjoying simple days at home, lots of easy-peasy craft projects (for both The Little Guy and I), meals a-plenty from the crock pot and cozy evenings folding laundry :-)