Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween Treating

Finally, the Big Day was here!

We had been counting down to Halloween for a while; the Little Guy was so excited about the whole process. The costume, the candy, the Trick and Treating, the candy ...

Did I mention he was excited about getting candy?!

We really wanted to put a bit of a balance back in to the day, so we decided to do some Halloween Treating!

The Little Guy and I spent the morning of Halloween baking and packaging up cookies for our neighbors. (I don't think I've ever seen that many homemade cookies all at once ... ever; we churned out about 10 dozen cookies. There were cookies on every available surface of our little kitchen!)




Then we got dressed up in our Halloween finest, and went out delivering. We couldn't resist a little Halloween fun, so we would sneak up to our neighbor's doors, leave the package of cookies on their doorstep, then knock on the door, and run away! Of course, once they opened the door, we jumped out to say 'Happy Treating!'

We had a blast, and our neighbors loved the cookies. And as The Little Guy and I commented, it felt really good to do something unexpected and good for someone else.

Now, I know that my telling you all about this now that Halloween has come and gone isn't a huge help; but there's always next year to plan ahead for ;-)

And you may be curious about The Little Guy's costume ... I'll be reporting more about this weekend as part of Upcycling Sunday!


Do you have a special tradition for Halloween? what is your favorite way to do something special for your immediate community? Feel free to share in the comments; I'd love to hear from you!