Friday, December 7, 2012

Food Waste Friday ... And An Advent Blessing

Simply Being Mum 

I just love The Frugal Girl blog. Really - just love!

Each week (well - most weeks) she blogs about her food waste, a kind of public declaration, aimed to reduce her own food waste. ,

Here's the funny thing about Food Waste Friday ... when you know that its coming, you try really hard not waste anything. So I have a zero waste week.

Nothing!

Which is good for my fridge and pocketbook, but doesn't make a particularly exciting blog post.

So, rather than leave you with that, here's a picture of our Blessing Board! Every couple of weeks, I change out the blessing on our chalkboard, and we recite it before our evening meal. A nice little ritual :-)


More on Advent another day (ours so far has been ... interesting, and unexpected!)


How was your food waste this week? Feel free to share here, or at Simply Being Mom (where Food Waste Friday is being hosted this week!); I'd love to hear from you!