Friday, December 14, 2012

Food Waste Friday, with a Big Bump Down to Earth ...

FoodWasteFriday


I just love The Frugal Girl blog. Really - just love!

Each week (well - most weeks) she blogs about her food waste, a kind of public declaration, aimed to reduce her own food waste. And she invites the rest of us to join her!

Last week I was thrilled to announce that I had had a zero food waste week; I may even have been a little smug about reporting this.

Of course, this week I'm being brought back down to earth with a big bump.

I opened up my veggie bin, the one where I store things long term, and found moldy sweet potatoes, and something really yucky at the very bottom of the bin, that I think used to be a pepper. Hmm ... and of course, as soon as I saw those, I realized that they were probably there last week too, back when I was feeling all smug. *sigh*

(I just couldn't face taking a picture of the food item previously known as a pepper; it was really ucky).


 Also on the waste list is a bowl of yogurt, that has been in and out of the fridge a few too many times, and uncovered to boot.



And how was your food waste this week? Feel free to share; I'd love to hear from you!