Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Birthday Interview: The Little Guy at 7


On my children’s birthdays, I interview them, asking them the same set of questions each year. It's fascinating to see how they’re changing and if they have interests that remain the same.

I first heard of these Birthday Interviews on the Sparkling Adventures blog (which is worth checking out, for free range, unschooling, travelling inclined folks).

                          


What are you going to be when you grow up?
Well, I have to think about it. I'll be a person with a few jobs. I'll work at a power plant, I'll be a papa (that's a job!), and I'll be a scientist.

What’s that going to be like?
Oh man! Well, taking care of my children, and I'm not too sure what it's like in a power plant. And working in a lab with chemicals.

What are your favorite toys?
This is the hardest question yet! But ... my Legos!

Who are your best friends?
Alex, Liam and Sufyan

What makes you happy?
Mama! And Papa! You can tell it makes me happy to be with you!

What makes you sad?
When I can’t play in the pool, and having to clean up my room.

When you dream at night, what do you dream about?
Just all kinds of stuff.

What do you like to do with Papa?
Run errands and fix stuff. I love fixing things.

What do you like to do with Mama?
Snuggle, snuggle, snuggle!

What’s your favorite color?
Aquamarine. (I think that’s how you say it).

What’s your favorite book?
Oh man! These questions are so hard! [He really had to think about this one]
My DK Eyewitness books on Eagles and Dogs.

What does Daddy do during the day?
Well, that’s a hard question. Work at work I guess.

What does Mama do during the day?
Takes care of us.

What do you do during the day?
Play, play, play. [I pressed him a little to expand his answer, but apparently all he does is play. Fair enough!]