Saturday, October 13, 2012

Batter Up ... for Dinner!

I once read an interview with a famous, and very well respected, actress (the name of whom is completely escaping me - apologies!) who said that one of the things that helped make her a successful parent was serving breakfast for dinner one night a week ... and not feeling guilty about it!

Well, I love this on both levels; an easy meal, and rejecting any possible guilt? Really, love it!

So, breakfast for dinner is pretty much a staple in our cozy little home, and on a recent evening at the end of a long and hectic day, I changed up our plans at the last minute, threw out the idea of a cooked from scratch meal ... and made pancakes!


Yum!

I had buttermilk left over from the last time I made butter, here, so buttermilk pancakes it was. 'Scrambly' eggs and cut up fruit on the side ... and hey presto, a super quick and easy dinner ... and no guilt for Mama! 


What is your favorite quick and easy meal? Feel free to share in comments below; I'd love to hear from you!